Thursday 14 January 2010

News----->James Murphy: New LCD Soundsystem album is “definitely better than the other two”


Vague information about the new LCD Soundsystem continues to dribble out. In this week’s NME, which hit newsstands today, James Murphy says that the eagerly-anticipated record is “definitely better” than the band’s previous two full-lengths.

“What I tried to do on the second record [Sound of Silver] was to make a much more wider and strange-sounding record [than LCD Soundsystem], but I ended up making something more cohesive. This time round I’m not sure what I’m trying to do…but I think I am doing what I was trying to achieve on Sound of Silver, which was a wider palette of sound.”

No news yet on the tracklist or title of the album, which is expected to see release in the early Spring.

“I don’t tend to name my albums until they’re completely done,” Murphy tells NME. “I always have a fake title that is the worst title I can think of while I’m working on it….This new record is called ‘Internet Sensation!’ with an exclamation mark.”

The album has been recorded in LA and New York with LCD regulars Al Doyle (also of Hot Chip) and Pat Mahoney, as well as Gavin ‘Black Meteoric Star’ Russom.


taken from factmag.com

1 comment:

moonhell said...

we love LCD soundsytem they come to Spain this summer and we hope we can go to Barcelona and see them at the Sónar festival.